Days of Dialogue Provide Week of Service and Community at UW
The University of Wyoming is once again celebrating the continuing impact of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s life through the MLK March and Days of Dialogue. This year's theme is "Building Unity Through Community: Local to Global" for events throughout the week following Martin Luther King, Jr./Wyoming Equality Day.
Most of the events are open to the public and free to attend. Here's the full schedule of events.
Monday, Jan. 16
- National Service Day, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- MLK March, 4 p.m. @ Albany County Courthouse
- Willena Stanford Supper, 4:45 p.m. @ Union Ballroom
Tuesday, Jan. 17
- ECTL Book Discussion (On That Day, Everybody Ate: One Woman’s Story of Hope and Possibility in Haiti by Margaret Trost), 12 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. @ Coe Library, Rm 506 - lunch provided!
- The Face of Discrimination Panel Discussion, 12:15 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. @ Union Family Room
- Adrian Molina (Hip-Hop Workshop and Performance), 4 p.m. - 6 p.m. @ Union Family Room
Wednesday, Jan. 18
- Local to Global Photo Exhibit Opening, 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. @ Union Art Gallery 234
- Tunnel of Oppression, 3 p.m. @ Union East Ballroom
- The Players Club (Step Performance), 8 p.m. @ A & S Auditorium
Thursday, Jan. 19
- Art Imitates Life Panel Discussion, 12:15 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. @ Union West Ballroom
- Chad Hymas (Motivational Speaker), 3:30 p.m. - 5 p.m. @ Union West Ballroom
- Hill Harper: Keynote Address, 7 p.m. @ A & S Auditorium
Friday, Jan. 30
- Poetry Slam Workshop with Slam Nuba, 12 p.m. - 1 p.m. @ Union West Ballroom
- Poetry Slam Open Mic with Slam Nuba, 1:15 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. @ Union Skylight Lounge
- Shadow B all movie with Talk Back Session, 6:30 p.m. @ Union Family Room
- FNF Movie: Circumstance, 9 p.m. & 11:30 p.m. @ Union Family Room
- Lupe Fiasco, 8:30 p.m. @ A & S Auditorium, doors open 8 p.m., purchase tickets here.