Following up on the school zones, we understand that the police cannot be available at all school zones, but why haven't the crosswalks been painted?


"The City of Laramie's Streets Department is currently in the process of restriping the crosswalks. The locations in question are within a school zone and display all required restricted speed limit and and crosswalk signs. 

Per Wyoming State Statute 31-5-602, the driver of a vehicle shall yield the right of way by slowing down or stopping if need be to yield to any pedestrian within or entering a crosswalk at either side of the roadway. If you see driving actions that are unsafe, the best course of action is to note the description of the vehicle involved and call the Laramie Police Department Dispatch at 307-721-2526 to report the incident."

Ask the City Of Laramie is your chance to send the city that burning question that you have always wondered about such as: “How do I get a city parking permit?” or “Why did my water usage rates go through the roof?”

Please note that the City of Laramie will answer as many questions as possible at their discretion.

More From Laramie Live