Halloween in Laramie our Ghoulish Hauntings
Halloween is approaching again in Laramie so the little ghouls will be out wanting their candy. There are a lot of fun Halloween activities planned at the Territorial Prison, Downtown, and on the UW Campus, as well as all over town. I remember going out to get as much candy as possible and then changing costumes and going out again so nobody would recognize me. Here are a few Laramie Halloween events you should get ready for:
If you know of any other family friendly Halloween events please let us know!
1. Downtown Trick-or-Treat this year is renamed Scaramie!!! Last year over 3,000 children came to the downtown to get their candy fix. Downtown businesses will be a safe Trick-or-Treat zone on October 29 from 10am-noon.
2. St. Laurence Halloween Carnival: Saturday October 29th from 10am – 2pm. At St. Laurence School Gym. Carnival includes: Haunted House, Photo Booth, Pie Contest, Costume Contest and many booths to win candy and treats.
3. Ghost Tours of Laramie : Saturday, October 15th, 7:00, 7:30, 8:00, 8:30, 9:00, 9:30 pm
Wyoming Territorial Prison, 9750 Snowy Range Road
Ghost tours of Laramie city is on October 15, 21, 22, 28, 29 & 31. This tour is a two-part tour, and will last approximately an hour and a half. The tour starts off at the territorial prison where thrill seekers will be led through a section of the park by a menacing character, following that, a hayride will wind though downtown Laramie, here the venturesome guest will hear ghostly stories of the gem city and see local historical haunts. After that guests will return to the prison via hayride and finish up the tour in the penitentiary.
- Tickets will go on sale Saturday October 1st.
- Time slots fill up fast so please call or come down to the Territorial Prison to reserve tickets ahead of time.
- Tickets are kept in will call and you will receive them when you come to take your ghost tour.
- There are six tours a night starting at 7:00, 7:30, 8:00, 8:30, 9:00, 9:30.
- For safety reasons, there is a limit of 35-40 people for each tour. Payment in full is required in making your reservations.
- To purchase tickets/ make reservations with a credit card over the phone call (307)745-6161.
4. Chi omega ZOMBIE RUN: Saturday, October 29th – Registration starts at 8am at the Civic Center South Gym. The Crawl starts at 9am. Raffle drawing and best costume prizes! Contact Aubry Bertram firstname.lastname@example.org call 303.956.5263 for more information. Helps the Make A Wish Foundation.
5. Halloween Swing Dance: FREE at the Alice Hardy Stevens Center. Saturday, Oct 29 from 8-11pm. Lessons from 7-8. Live music by The David Booker Band.
Hosted by UW Swing Club. Costumes are welcome