National Endowment for the Arts Awards Wyoming Artists
The National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) recently announced the first round of recommended awards for the fiscal year 2022. This included 1,498 awards totaling nearly $33.2 million.
Grants for Arts Projects funding spans 15 artistic disciplines and reaches communities in every state, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico.
The total dollar amount awarded to Wyoming recipients came to $95,000 and included the following:
- Trinkle Brass Works, Inc in Casper was awarded $10,000 from Challenge America
- Ucross Foundation in Clearmont was awarded $30,000 from Grants for Arts Projects - Artist Communities
- Jackson Hole Public Art in Jackson was awarded $20,000 from Grants for Arts Projects - Visual Arts
- Off Square Theatre Company in Jackson was awarded $10,000 from Grants for Arts Projects - Theater
- Nina McConigley in Laramie was awarded $25,000 from Literature Fellowships: Creative Writing - Literary Arts
The NEA is committed to equity, access, and fostering mutual respect for the diverse beliefs and values of all individuals and groups. Applications for funding demonstrated a commitment by the arts and culture sector to provide more equitable and accessible pathways for arts engagement.