The Laramie Fire Dpartment responded to the report of a structure fire out on Highway 230 at 2:57 p.m. on the afternoon of Friday, February 8. Shortly afer the arrival of LFD's Engine 7 at 3:20 p.m., LFD firefighters found a single story small home with heavy smoke coming from the front door and eaves.

Volunteers from other organizations, including Albany County Central, Big Laramie Valley, and Centennial Valley Volunteer Fire Departments also assisted in enxtinguishing the blaze. The fire was under control at 3:37 p.m., less than 20 minutes after LFD's arrival, though the fire was not declared fully extinguished until 7:38 p.m. Although the home and its contents were damaged in the fire, there were no occupants in the home at the time of the fire, and no injuries were reported.

An inspection of the home ruled that the cause of the fire was accidental, and that the apparent cause seems to be the propane heater the owner was using to thaw frozen pipes.

More From Laramie Live