Help the Laramie Community this Week in Honor of MLK
Martin Luther King Jr. is known as one of the greatest civil rights activists of all time. His passion and drive were an inspiration during his time, and he continues to be a model for activism today.
It is because of this great man that the City of Laramie is raising the call to give back to the community through service and donations.
There will be opportunities for volunteer work throughout the city, as well as donation boxes for those who are unable to volunteer. The boxes will be up from January 17-January 21.
The MLK donation drive is in need of the following items to help those in need:
- Water bottles
- Snacks for after school program
- Canned food & shelf stable food like pastas, condiments, spices, etc.
- Hygiene products-Diapers, baby wipes
- Feminine Hygiene products-tampons, pads, liners
- Clothes-sweatshirts, bras, socks, etc.
- Children’s books
- Cleaning supplies-dish soap, laundry detergent, etc.
- Gas, grocery, & American Express/Visa gift cards
- Pillows & pillow sheets
- New shampoo/conditioner, shower gel/soap/lotion, & razors
- New tooth brushes & tooth paste
- New hairbrushes
- Postage stamps, first class
- Letter sized envelopes
- Plastic & reusable grocery bags
The partners who are supporting this project include the City of Laramie; the University of Wyoming Student, Leadership, and Community Engagement Office; Albany County; and AmeriCorps.