Ghosts and Goblins and Ghouls: Celebrate Halloween in Laramie!
With Halloween right around the corner, Laramie has events for the whole family to enjoy to bring in the end of the spooky season!
Fall Festival & Hay Days at the Vee Bar Guest Ranch, Vee Bar Guest Ranch, October 17-24, 12-4 pm
Join in the Fall fun at the Vee Bar Guest Ranch! This event is free and open to the public, and has a variety of events for everyone! There is a pumpkin patch, music by Davis & Mavrick, sledding behind a horse (with or without snow), lots of four-legged animals to meet, and a pumpkin decorating station. There will also be limited snacks and beverages available for purchase.
Ghost Tours of Laramie, Wyoming Historical Prison State Site, October 22, 23, 28, 29, and 30, 7 pm
If you are looking for a more supernatural experience, then look no further than the Ghost Tours of Laramie. Tour times are approximately 7 pm, 7:30 pm, 8 pm, 8:30 pm, and 9 pm. Each tour will last about 90 minutes and include the haunted hayride and WY Territorial Prison Lights Out Tour. Tickets are $20 for adults and $15 for children 12 and under. For tickets, please call 307-760-8835.
GhostChase 2021, Online, October 23-31
Take part in the 2nd annual GhostChase: a safe Halloween Scavenger Hunt!
Complete missions through your mobile device using GooseChase, an online scavenger hunt game.
NEW this year, points will be awarded for missions and prizes awarded at the end for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place!
How do you play?
1. Download the GooseChase App onto your mobile device
2. Log in or Sign Up
3. Use Gamecode: EPWDVE
4. Create or Join a Team
5. Complete missions and submit evidence
1. You may play solo or on a team to complete and submit the missions. But, remember to practice social distancing.
2. Submit evidence of completing each mission as you go. Not all missions need to be completed to have some fun.
3. No points are awarded for completing missions.
4. By submitting your pictures in the app, you give the event hosts (UniWyo, IMH, PB&J, Laramie Mainstreet, and Bond's Brewing) permission to post your pictures on social media platforms promoting the challenge as well.
5. Pictures must be of you and/or your family that you have the rights and permission to share. Images/videos must be taken during the challenge period.
6. Be SAFE, have FUN, and Happy Halloween.
Halloween Party, University of Wyoming Art Gallery, October 29, 6-9 pm
Join in the Halloween Party at the University of Wyoming's Art Gallery! Dress in your Halloween best for a costume contest, dance to some music provided, treat yourself to some yummy food and enjoy a walk through the galleries. Admission is free.
Haunted Basement, Landmark Square Property Management, October 30, 10 am-2 pm
The goblins and monsters have returned to the 7th Annual Haunted Basement! This free event is at121 E. Grand Avenue through the alleyway between Poppy’s and Cask 307. Costumes are encouraged but know there are a few tight spaces and ask that props stay behind.
Trick or Trot 5k Fun Run/Walk, 710 E Garfield St, October 30, 11:45 am
Jion in the run/walk 5k or mile! The race starts at the Gryphon Theater and ends downtown at the 1st Street Plaza. It is $20 for the 5k and $10 for the monster mile. Costumes are highly encouraged! All proceeds from this event benefit Downtown Laramie.
See Striking Photos of the Tourism Industry During COVID-19