City of Laramie PSA For March Storm
The National Weather Service in Cheyenne has issued a situation report indicating a potential for widespread heavy snow and strong wind gusts for all communities in southeast Wyoming, including Laramie.
This report has an estimated duration from Friday morning, March 12, through Monday morning, March 15.
Possible effects of this storm include possible power outages, hazardous travel conditions, and severe impacts to newborn livestock. Residents in impacted areas, including Laramie, are encouraged to prepare for this potential winter storm by doing the following:
- listening to updated weather forecasts
- ensuring your cell phone is fully charged
- checking your emergency supplies, including your emergency food and water supply
- bringing your pets indoors
- reducing your need to travel during this event.
Residents are also encouraged to keep furnace and water heater vents clear of ice to prevent carbon monoxide issues.
Important provider contact information is below:
- Rocky Mountain Power (Electrical): Call 1-877-508-5088 or text OUT to 759677 if you have downed electrical lines in your area, get as far away as possible. Once you’re safe, call 9-1-1.
- Black Hills Energy (Natural Gas): Call 1-888-890-5554 if you smell a gas odor—immediately evacuate from the building or area. Once you're away from the building call 9-1-1.
- Spectrum (Phone): 1-833-267-6094
- CenturyLink (Phone): 1-800-244-1111
- Road & Travel Conditions: Call 5-1-1 or visit https://wyoroad.info/.
In an emergency please call 9-1-1. Please do NOT call 9-1-1 or dispatch for power outages, road and travel conditions, or other informational issues