Nighttime Closures on Interstate 80 Two Miles West of Cheyenne
The Wyoming Department of Transportation has rescheduled these closures for late on Monday, June 8 and early Tuesday, May 9.
The location of the closures is the eastbound lane at milepost 356.7 approximately two miles west of Cheyenne.
Closure times will be 11 p.m. to midnight on June 8 and 1 a.m. to 2 p.m. and 3 a.m. to 4 a.m on June 9.
The nighttime closures have been cancelled. We will keep people updated when the closures are rescheduled.
There will be nighttime closures on Interstate 80 on Monday, June 1 and early on June 2, according to a Wyoming Department of Transportation release.
The location of the closure is the eastbound lane at milepost 356.7, approximately two miles west of Cheyenne.
Crews will be installing a new Overhead Dynamic Message Sign. Closure times will be 11 p.m. to midnight, 1 a.m. to 2 a.m., and 3 a.m. to 4 a.m.
This will be the first of several nighttime closures on Interstate 80 for the installation of Overhead Dynamic Message Signs this construction season. The emphasis is on road sections that most commonly experience unpredictable weather patterns.
The remaining locations are as follows:
- Milepost 356.7 eastbound lane - Approx. 2 miles west of Cheyenne
- Milepost 308.62 eastbound lane - Approx. 2 miles west of Laramie
- Milepost 291.4 westbound lane- Approx. 2 miles east of Quealy Dome
- Milepost 273.85 westbound lane - Approx. 2 miles east of Arlington
- Milepost 266.0 eastbound lane - Approx. 1 mile west of Wagonhound
- Milepost 257.08 westbound lane - Approx. 1 mile west of Elk Mountain
- Milepost 245 eastbound lane - Approx. 10 miles east of Walcott Junction
The contractor for the entire project is Custom Lighting Service out of West Jordan, Utah. The cost is $ 2.2 million and it is paid for by Federal Funds.