Laramie Wants Local Business to THRIVE
Laramie wants to grow.
The City has paved several avenues for that growth: collaboration with retail development firms to attract wanted businesses to town, land purchases for further water rights to support infrastructure growth, and now a website launch for current or future businesses to also grow.
The City of Laramie launched the THRIVE Business Resource Portal, “an all-encompassing group of resources to help businesses succeed,” said Brannon Moan at the City Manager’s Office.
The resources included are from a Laramie Chamber of Business Alliance survey, asking businesses what they need to, well, thrive. Businesses asked for help in three key areas: clientele (new and retaining), employment, and supply chain issues. The City answered with a plethora of resources in those three categories. That is but one aspect of THRIVE’s site.
Other areas are devoted to ensuring a well-rounded business reach. “There are ways to make sure you’re compliant with city, building, and fire code; safety concerns, and resources for their industry specifically. Information for correct industry and licensing,” to name a few, said Moan.
The news release from today said, “This initiative reinforces the City's dedication to creating an environment conducive to sustainable growth and prosperity.” The site is a partnership between the City and the Laramie Chamber Business Alliance, with contributions from the University of Wyoming College of Business and Main Street Alliance.
Key features of the Economic Development Resource Portal include:
- National and State Resources - The portal provides access to a comprehensive array of services to support businesses at every stage of their development journey.
- Local Business Resources - Entrepreneurs seeking to establish themselves in Laramie will benefit from the local resources toolkit.
- THRIVE Survey Results and Resources The City’s THRIVE Laramie Business Climate Survey conducted in 2022 and resources tailored to those results.
- Business Census – To encourage collaboration between businesses and the City of Laramie, the page allows business owners to share information about their businesses and to inquire about other city resources.
- Municipal Services - Navigating regulations and licenses can be challenging for businesses; this page provides ready insight.
“By providing a centralized platform for essential economic development resources, Laramie aims to foster sustainable economic growth and prosperity,” the news release said.
For questions or more information, please contact Brannen Moan at 307-721-5362 or email@example.com.