Seven people were taken to Cheyenne Regional Medical Center Monday morning after breathing in chlorine gas, Cheyenne Fire Rescue says.

CFR spokesman Don Wood says firefighters were called to the Laramie County Sheriff's Office at 10:36 a.m. after someone cleaning the building mixed some cleaners that produced chlorine gas.

Laramie Live logo
Get our free mobile app

"Once on site, CFR crews isolated the area and conducted air monitoring tests to ensure air quality returned to safe levels and below the permissible exposure limits," Wood said in a press release. "(They) cleared the scene by 11:38 a.m."

Wood says the cause of the incident was deemed unintentional.

"CFR reminds the public to use caution with cleaning chemicals and to never mix chemicals unless a manufacturer’s label specifically allows for it," he said.

7 Places In A Home That Are Overlooked When Cleaning

Cleaning for some people is not one of their favorite things to do, you won't believe some of the places that are often forgotten during your everyday cleaning task.