Cheyenne Area Had No Fatal Crashes During Frontier Days, WHP Says
According to a Facebook post, there was only one crash in the Cheyenne area between July 21 and July 30 that involved possible injuries requiring an ambulance.
That's pretty remarkable considering the county tallied three fatal crashes during the 2021 show, one of which occurred at Frontier Park.
- 16-Year-Old Cheyenne Driver Killed in Rollover Crash
- Cheyenne Police Identify Man Killed in Accident at Frontier Park
- Man Dies After Being Run Over By Semi-Truck In Cheyenne
Despite being traffic fatality free, this year's Daddy of 'em All wasn't free of idiot drivers.
Troopers made 816 traffic stops and 45 arrests, including 20 for driving under the influence, three for felony drug possession, and 13 for misdemeanor drug possession.
Perhaps the wildest arrest happened on July 24, when a trooper sitting in the median of Interstate 80 just east of Cheyenne reportedly clocked a Cheyenne man driving 143 mph in a 75-mph zone while drunk.
2022's Deadliest Wyoming County by Traffic Deaths
- 3 Dead After Semis Collide on I-80 East of Cheyenne
- Wyoming Highway Patrol Releases More Details in Fiery I-80 Crash That Killed 3