Huge Upgrades Coming To Wyoming’s Glendo State Park This Year
The winter has been cold, snowy and windy, but thinking warm thoughts can help you get through. One way to think warm is to think about summer activities you love to do, like fishing, camping, hiking, boating and swimming that's going to take place this summer at Glendo State Park.
The reservoir is quite large and offers some of the best Walleye fishing in the state, 20 campgrounds with over 500 campsites, picnic shelters for hot summer parties or get togethers and about 45 miles of trails that are perfect for hiking of mountain biking.
I'm not one that likes to wish my days away, but after reading a post on the parks Facebook page, I'm ready for summer.
It was an announcement that BIG things were coming to the park this year and those that frequent the area will be stoked too.
- If you're a boater or fisherman, you'll be excited to hear that all the docks will be replaced. The process has begun to get bids on the new ones.
- If you enjoy kayaks, canoes, or paddleboards, plans are in the works to add a new 'non-motorized' dock in the Wetland Trails area to make access easier.
- Multiple permanent wall tents will be available to reserve in the Elkhorn Campground.
- Several updates and replacement commodes will be made on bathrooms in the park
- A summer of events are planned and a schedule will be released soon
It's a great time to start thinking about your family's summer plans and Glendo State Park is a great option.
Glendo State Park is also asking for your feedback on the park. What you like and don't like. What you use and don't use. You can take a survey and maybe win some Glendo swag.
Get ready for a great summer, in one of America's best states.