Cowboy basketball camp starts today
LARAMIE -- The University of Wyoming men's basketball team will be hosting individual day camps from June 28-30 starting at 8 a.m. and going until Noon each day.
Cowboy Basketball Camps features instruction from Cowboy players and coaching staff and is opened to individuals ages 7-17 and is $150 for all three days. Registration is now open at cowboybasketballcamps.com.
The Cowboy Basketball Day Camp is designed for youth players to develop a fundamental foundation and to grow the complete player. The Camp is position-less, thus all the players will be provided with the skills and drills ranging from lead guard to primary post.
PLAYERS WILL BE TAUGHT:
- Dynamic warm-up to enable a player to compete at their own highest level
- Shooting and the science of their shot (shooting progression)
- Becoming a three-level scorer (rim - mid-range - three point shot)
- Live Ball Moves (winning the hip – using momentum – go-to & counter moves)
- Post-play (positioning - spacing - receiving safely - scoring simply)
- Overall offensive IQ (spacing - floor balance - penetration points- alley work
- Passing with precision (timing - accuracy - quickness - deception)
- Handling the basketball with sureness and executing penetration with pressure
- Defensive mindset (guarding without fouling by utilizing smart position pressure)
- Rebounding (the art of the chase and angles of pursuit)
For more information or questions on Cowboy Basketball Camps please email the staff at email@example.com.
Cowboy Basketball Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level, and/or gender.
Cowboy Basketball Camps will adhere to the University of Wyoming's Covid-19 Protocols.
* University of Wyoming press release
FLASHBACK: History Of Cheyenne Frontier Days Parades