City of Laramie Landfill Vouchers Available in April
It's almost time for spring cleaning! With the help of the City of Laramie, you may have an easier time getting some junk out of your house. City of Laramie landfill vouchers will be available in April. The voucher will let residents bring a load of stuff to the landfill for free.
The 2019 City of Laramie landfill voucher event kicks off on April 15th. Vouchers will be issued in person beginning April 15th through May 30th at the Solid Waste Office (1167 N 4th Street) between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday. Individuals need to bring a photo ID and current utility bill, rental agreement, registration, mail or any other item that shows their name with a valid Albany County address. Vouchers must be redeemed between May 1 and June 1, 2019.
According to the City, the landfill voucher event procedures include, but are not limited to:
- Only one voucher per year will be issued to a single household/service address. Business, commercial, industrial, and institutional waste are NOT eligible for this voucher program.
- Vouchers are good for one pickup size load—approximately 2½ cubic yards.
- Vouchers are good only for waste and/or recycling generated at the address included on issued voucher.
- Additional fees for tires, refrigerators, dead animals, special handling, and uncovered loads still apply during this event.
- Drop-off for household hazardous waste require an appointment—details will be outlined on the voucher.
- Vouchers are to be redeemed at the Landfill Scale House only, beginning May 1 through June 1, 2019. Vouchers without an official City of Laramie Solid Waste Division embossed stamp will not be accepted.