Summer Activities Available for Laramie Students
School is out for the summer, but there are still plenty of activities planned for Laramie students during the summer months.
Laramie Parks and Recreation will be hosting a number of youth activities, athletics, and summer camps to keep students busy during the summer months. We have included a list here. Registration for these events can be found on the Laramie Parks and Recreation website.
- Rookie Rugby League – Starts June 7th, practices will take place at the Old Deti Stadium, or Laramie Athletic Field. Grades 1-6. Call (307) 399-4687 or Bwatkins@wyomingrugby. com for more information.
- Huck Finn Fishing Derby – Saturday, July 22 at LaPrele Park. Ages 0-13.
- Laramie Fun Factory- Saturday June 24 and Saturday July 15, Laramie Ice and Events Center, All ages.
- Youth Disc Golf- June 12 through 16, LaPrele Park, Ages 8-14 years.
- Jr. Cowboys Flag Football- Washington Park, July 10 through Aug 24.
- Little Sluggers- LaBonte Park, ages 3-6, July 10 – Aug 17
- Sigma Alpha Chi Chi, or SACC Summer Camps- The eight-week day camp series begins Monday, June 5 and goes through Friday, July 28. Laramie Recreation Center. Ages 7-12.
The Albany County Public Library will also host a number of activities for students of all ages. These are free and open to the public.
- Pokémon Go Walking Tours- Albany County Public Library. Ages 13 and up. Starts June 14, Wednesdays at 2 p.m. Call 721-2558 or Bmurray@albanycountylibrary.org .
- Chalk Club- 0-8 years, 1p.m. to 2 p.m., Tuesdays.
- YAK! Teen Events- ages 13-18, 3:45 p.m, Tuesdays.
- Book Babies- Patio, 10 a.m. on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 11 a.m. on Thursdays.