Prince Died of Accidental Painkiller Overdose
A Minnesota medical examiner says Prince died of an accidental fentanyl overdose.
Fentanyl is a powerful painkiller administered with a transdermal patch.
The report from the Midwest Medical Examiner's Office was issued Thursday, more than a month after the music superstar was found dead at age 57 at his Paisley Park mansion.
The single-page report said Prince "self-administered fentanyl," referring to a synthetic opioid many times more potent than heroin.
The report was signed by Quinn Strobl, the office's chief medical examiner.