Laramie Fishing Report – Fishing with your kids develops a lifetime of enjoyment
Have you gone fishing or been on the water this season? Did you take a kid with you? This is the best time of year to get children outside enjoying rivers, streams and lakes.
Our good fishing days will hopefully last for a couple months, giving you more opportunity to take your kids fishing and enjoy the Wyoming outdoors. We are going fishing this weekend up to the Snowy Range. We hope to camping and canoeing this Fall.
A great way to teach your kids about the importance of cold, clean water is through Trout Unlimited Stream Explorers youth program. Its purpose is to educate kids about trout, the wild places where they live and the things we can do to protect them.
1. Hattie is fishing fair.
2. Twin Buttes is fishing fair.
3. Galett is still fishing well.
4. Meeboer It's official. We had 100% winter kill at Meeboer. The Wyoming Game and Fish restocked Meeboer over a month ago with sub-catchables.
5. Lake Owen is fishing well.
6. Rob Roy is fishing well.
7. The North Platte is fishing well.
8. The Reef is running clear from the dam to Casper. The fishing has been great with the usual cast of characters, worms, scuds, leeches, and egg patterns.
9. The Miracle Mile is fishing well.
10. The Big Laramie is fishing well.
11. The Encampment is fishing well.
"Fishing is boring, unless you catch an actual fish, and then it is disgusting."