Is Laramie Unappealing From I-80 Results
On August 1st, I posted a question asking Laramie residents if our city looked unappealing from Interstate 80.
The topic was brought to mind after a friend visited from Florida and mentioned how great downtown was, but you'd "never know that from the interstate."
I posed the question first, is Laramie unappealing from I-80, and got an overwhelming yes. In fact, nearly 97% of people agreed it is at least somewhat unappealing.
That prompted the question, what can be done? In a poll question with provided answers here were the responses:
37.8% Add flowers, trees, landscaping
22.83% Build attractions closer to I-80
14.17% Clean up trash
8.66% More billboards inviting people to town
2.36% Nothing can be done
We also allowed voters to write-in an answer with unique ideas too. Here are some of them submitted to us:
- Fences by the trailer parks
- Fix the dilapidated trailer parks
- Put a Super Target in
- Get rid of trailer parks
- The city council should let more businesses come in
- Hide all the industrial sites, i.e. lumber mill, north park warehouses
- A bronze sculpture of Steamboat and a welcome to Laramie sign
- Relocate trailer parks
- Clean up around 3rd Street Exit and more invitations around Grand Ave Exit
- Demolish eyesore businesses
- Build more attractions in general