Attend The 19th Annual Festival of Trees And Happy Holidays, Laramie!
The University of Wyoming Art Museum will be kicking off the holiday season with the 19th Annual Festival of Trees and Happy Holidays, Laramie starting Thursday, December 1st!
19th Annual Festival of trees
- Features over 30 trees and holiday items decorated by members of the community.
- During the opening reception on Thursday, December 1st from 6 – 8pm, visitors will enjoy music and refreshments, and can cast their vote for the People’s Choice Award for trees.
- Visitors may also place advance bids on their favorite tree in the silent auction.
The auction will continue on Friday, December 2nd from 10am – 5pm and ends on Saturday, December 3rd at 2pm during Happy Holidays, Laramie! Bidders do not have to be present to win and all proceeds benefit museum programs and children’s art classes.
Happy Holidays, Laramie!
- Happy Holidays, Laramie! is from 10:30am to 3pm on Saturday, December 3rd.
- The event includes musical performances by school and community groups, an exhibition of artwork by Albany County students, balloon animals and refreshments.
- Children are invited to have their picture taken with Santa Claus and create their own ornaments, cards and other holiday decorations in the Shelton Studio.
- The winners of the People’s Choice Award, as chosen by voters on Thursday evening, will be announced.
Education curator Wendy Bredehoft said “This event is our premier community celebration. It is a time when entire families come together to enjoy the sights and sounds of the holidays and to recognize the artistic accomplishments of Albany County students. ”
The exhibition of art by Albany County students will be on view through December 22nd. All events are free and open to the public.
Happy Holidays, Laramie! and Festival of Trees is sponsored by First Interstate Bank and funded in part by Donna Emery – Advantage Real Estate, UniWyo Federal Credit Union, First National Bank of Wyoming, Westfahl’s Piano Co., Applebee’s and McDonalds.